Sunday, April 24, 2005

A Song To Sing

Recently, I heard Mr. Clay Aiken's song, Invisible . If you don't know the song, here's a sample of the lyrics:

If I was invisible
Then I could just watch you in your room
If I was invincible
I'd make you mine tonight
If hearts were unbreakable
Then I could just tell you where I stand
I would be the smartest man
If I was invisible
(Wait..I already am)

Now, here's my question: After this point of the song, Clay, why do you still sound sad? You were praying to be invisible only to realize that-HOLY HELL, HOLD THE PRESSES-you already are!!! Now, according to your song, doesn't that make you the smartest man? At this point, why even go on singing the rest of the song, when you could and should be ecstatically accomplishing smartest-man-things? There's a war to end and civil rights to fix here, smart guy, and you've still got two more verses to sing about wanting to be invisible even though you already are? Wha?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home