Monday, March 20, 2006

Young Riders


I was glancing over a Best Buy flyer today and I noticed that the first season of the late TV series, Young Riders, was just released in a DVD boxed set. I don't know how many people watched this, but it was a glittery gem in the weekly lineup for my siblings and I. Never before and never since has the Pony Express been dealt in such an entertaining and gripping fashion. Cowboys and mail. It doesn't get any better than that.

We even created an imaginary rural form of Pony Express. The system consisted of laps around the house on our bikes while wearing cowboy hats, imaginary time limits, and an exchange of empty bags filled with air. I think one time we put an envelope in one of the bags, but mark my words, it was never delivered-a probable lesson in why the real pony express may have failed, but not really explaining why network execs axed the Young Riders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home