Friday, July 22, 2005

therapy

my first day of therapy brought up a horrible memory from my childhood, but not in the way you'd think. i suddenly remembered a filler song from europe's 1986 album "the final countdown" called "cherokee" (itunes). the song's chorus went:

Cherokee!
Oh!
Marching on the trail of tears.
Oh, Oh, Oh

on my way to work, this popped in my head:

Therapy!
NO!
Talking through a veil of tears.
Oh, oh, NO!

i hadn't thought of this song since i was single-digits old, and i'll be goddamned if it isn't on europe's "super hits" compilation, further diluting the meaning of the word "hit" as it pertains to music. by the way, i didn't cry at therapy, and asked if that meant i didn't have to pay. my therapist wrote something down, and asked "how does that make you feel?". "unfunny", i replied. "unfunny".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home