Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Forever Young



Thanks to Oreo cookies, I had been aware for a while that Alexander Hamilton was killed in a duel with Aaron Burr. What Oreo cookies left out is that Hamilton was 49! Forty-nine!! For most people, that's when you start coasting through the remaining eleven years or so of your pointless job and plan for retirement. Not Mr. Hamilton. No sir! No Acapulco for Alexander. He'd rather get a bullet lodged in his abdomen. Heck, I'm 25 years old with nothing to lose and I've yet to exchange fire in my first duel. Alexander Hamilton was a 49 year old founding father on his way to a fantastic pension plan (His face is all over the ten dollar bill, for crying out loud!). Whew, it just makes you stop and think about your life.

Where have I gone? What am I doing with my life? I'm sitting here, eating Funyons and watching Happy Days reruns when I could just as easily take a step outside into the warm rays of the sun, glove slap someone at random, and challenge them to a good old fashioned duel in my backyard at dawn. So, why don't I?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHH! If only we could go back in time. Whoever said life wasn't better back then was never shot in the abdomen by Aaron Burr and died in excruciating pain a day later! And all for something seemingly insignificant! Oh, to live so young!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home