Thursday, September 01, 2005

25 years and 5 days later...

It's been 5 days since Improv Olympic's 25th Anniversary show and I still have Andy Dick's shoes.

That's right-I left the show minus one pair of black dress shoes and plus one pair of Any Dick's crocs. He needed size 11 dress shoes at the time and I've needed size 11 sandalish shoes for some time now-although I don't think he knew that. So, after reassuring each other that our feet don't sweat or smell worst than anyone else's, we temporarily exchanged shoes and never saw each other again.

Andy's crocs are very comfy and, for now, I have no need for dress shoes anyway. I'm sure someday I will. But, today I am happy for my former footwear. They are going to Hollywood-a dream I've seen in their starstruck eyelets more than once. So, I will watch Entertainment Tonight and Extra and pray that they get
cast in an Andy Dick TV series or movie or maybe even just accompany him to an interview or an awards show. But, I've come to grips with the fact that I'll probably never wear them again. I suppose that's how life works and that's okay. There are more important issues for me now. After all, I've got a new pair of crocs to raise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home