Friday, October 07, 2005

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Hospital



Sometimes I think health insurance is the funniest thing around. I'll just laugh and laugh. Then, I'll have, say, a compacted wisdom tooth that spills infection into my throat and leaves me bed-ridden and switching back and forth from ridiculous fever to ridiculous shivers. Also, I'll be unable to talk or eat and swallowing fluids in general hurts like hell. On those days, I don't laugh so much. There's more sobbing, I'd say, as I contemplate digging into my gums and removing the tooth on my own with a butter knife and pliers. No anesthesia save natural pain-induced shock and no way to close the wound save skotch tape. But yeah, isn't it funny that we don't all have health insurance? What a funny nation we live in!!!

Some nations (Like the United Kingdom) whose sense of humor isn't as developed as ours and for some reason provide Healthcare for EVERY CITIZEN of their nation. What's the deal with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home