Wednesday, November 16, 2005

the boss, continued

I'm listening to "Born to Run", more or less incessantly. Four plays in less than two days. That's quite a lot, when you consider it's up against 5000 other songs.

A very memorable moment in "Born to Run" is when Bruce is begging his girlfriend Wendy to leave Jersey with him. At one point he tells her to, and I quote: "Strap your hands across my engines."

Now, I'm no grease monkey, but aren't engines powerful contraptions made mostly of moving parts like gears, belts, fans and pistons? At the very least, engines get really, really hot, and I don't imagine any of those things mix well with hands. ESPECIALLY hands that are bound in place.

So what gives, Bruce? I mean, if you love her so much, aren't you supposed to set her free? Or was that a Sting song? It doesn't matter. All that matters, really, is that you got my $1.98. And I got this blog, my "last chance power drive", the one thing that might get me out of Jersey.
pictured above and to the right: a cute Bruce Springsteen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home