Saturday, August 09, 2008

Animal Club Nostalgia: Chinatown

I was just reminded, somehow, of a truly great moment in Animal Club history. We were in San Francisco for their sketchfest, maybe in 2005 or something like that. During an off-day, we made like tourists and did all the things tourists do in San Francisco; Cable cars, Alcatraz, Rice-A-Roni jokes, Eddie Izzard quotes, Fisherman's Wharf and finally, glorious Chinatown. While perusing wares in an exceptionally shady shop, Shane and I took a moment to take in the music. Decidedly Pan-Asian in nature, the verse was an incomprehensible smatter of foreign language in a standard 1-4-5 pop arrangement. The chorus, however, was entirely in English. And these, verbatim, are the lyrics:

"Don't mess around with me
I'm on a winning spree
Don't mess around with me
I'm on a winning spree"

Then, much as you from this post to your regular life, the singer returned to what I presume to be her native tongue.

This is the manner of thing I cling to when comparing my life to those of the engineers, doctors, lawyers and computer programmers I went to high school with.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home