Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Chat With Nancy Kerrigan Part 4



The following is part four of a five-part (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) telephone interview with Olympic figure skater Nancy Kerrigan that was conducted after I came across her name in a crossword puzzle.

Me: So, um, do you keep in contact with any of your figure skating pals-American or otherwise?

Nancy: Yeah, Scott Hamilton and I will share a latte or two at the end of every month, just to check in with each other and see if Scott can still back flip-he can. (Figure skater giggle.) Katrina Witt and I shared a milkshake just last week and Elvis Stojko, Tara Lipinski, and Peggy Fleming stopped over to share a tupperware party with me in June.

Me: Great. That's wonderful that the figure skating community is so close. It's an inspiration to the rest of the world that, even coming from a competitive background, you can find unity with different races and nationalities. You know, you never really answered my previous question.

Nancy: The one about hanging out?

Me: No, the one before that.

Nancy: I don't remember.

Me: About Tonya Harding?

Nancy: Oh, we don't hang out.

Me: If you did, would you seek bloody revenge on her?

Nancy: Um-

(Nervous figure skater giggle.)

Nancy: It's hard to say-YES! or NO! I don't know. I'm confused.

Me: Surely, you must have thought about it before.

Nancy: Um-

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Blog Challenge: #1 Google image result for "yeah scott":

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home