Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A Chat With Nancy Kerrigan Pt. 1



Yesterday, I was doing a crossword puzzle in the Chicago Trib and the hint
for 18 across just so happened to be "Olympic figure skater _____ Kerrigan
whose current phone number is (438) 472-6745". Now, it's been years since
I've heard or even thought of this name. So, I figured I'd give her a
call. The following is part 1 our dialogue:

Nancy: Hello?

Me: Hi. Is Nancy there?

Nancy: That's my name. Don't wear it out. (A figure skater giggle.)

Me: Nancy Kerrigan?

Nancy: Yes.

Me: Nancy Kerrigan, the Olympic figure skater?

Nancy: Yes.

Me: NANCY!! How are you?

Nancy: Good. Who is this?

Me: Shane. Shane Portman. You don't know me. I just wanted to ask you a
bunch of questions.

Nancy: Uh-

Me: It won't take very long. I just ran across your name in a crossword
puzzle.

Nancy: Uh-

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 2 Coming Soon...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shane,

You guys were hilarious the other night at the Funnybone. I'm enjoying the website a lot too. I come here whenever I am feeling non-happy and read things until I am full of anti-non-happiness. The videos are awesome too. Wish there was more of them.

Keep up the good work,

Tim Kohn
Friend of Steve Pandur

6:22 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Myrtle Standich said...

Tim,
It was nice to meet you, man. Thanks for the accolades. Glad you're enjoying the website and that's it's keeping you full of anti-non-happiness. Drop us an email sometime if you're looking for people to drop emails to. barooo99@theanimalclub.com

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home