Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dear Departed Elizabeth

Like most of you I'm sure, I start my morning with a bit of random wikipeding, picking one random thing to learn about, then clicking on links until I get bored or have to go somewhere. This morning started off with a quick read on steroids, which was inspired by the recent Barry Bonds saga, and quickly took me to the realm of professional wrestling, including the entries for Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes and "Macho Man" Randy Savage. ed. note: most of my wiki mornings are not so pop-culture based..

While ingesting all I could about Randy Savage, I came across a strange phrase: For much of his tenure in the WWF, he was managed by the late Miss Elizabeth, to whom he was married on December 30, 1984. The couple had twin boys.

Did I misread that, or did the wiki refer to Elizabeth as the late Miss Elizabeth? Sure enough, Miss Elizabeth, the mute beauty of the WWF, met her maker by way of madcap mixology May 1st, 2003. Not being one to mock a fallen hero of my childhood, I'll refrain from making any jokes about her death. I just wanted to point out that Wikipedia has taught me more than elementary school, middle school, high school, college, and four years in the workforce combined. Is this the end of education as we know it?!!!??!!?!

Das Experiment Update: 28 plays, and still doin' fine. Sing it with me! We R The Handclaps (Clap Clap!) / We R The Handclaps (Clap Clap!)

1 Comments:

Blogger kc said...

hey - you know what's a good wikipedia entry? Cunt . nice cultural variation. for example:

Cunt is used extensively in Australia and New Zealand as a replacement noun, more commonly among males and the working classes, in a similar fashion to the US term motherfucker among some African-Americans in extremely casual settings. For instance, "The cunt won't start" referring to a car that won't start, "pass me the cunt" meaning pass me the item I need...

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home