Monday, May 22, 2006

My Ipod



Admittedly, my life lags in technological upgrades. I prefer notebook and pen over laptop. I'm not fond of the microwave. But, I had the good fortune of stumbling upon a free Ipod recently. Yesterday I used it for the first time and I could not be happier.

I walked out of the apartment and Sufjan Stevens cooed The Upper Peninsula in my ears. And I felt as if I was entering my own feature film for the first time. Everything seemed to suddenly have more importance. The sun beamed down in perfect rays. Sufjans' underscoring matched people's shoes. It lifted me up the steps to the El stop with ease and set me down just as the train arrived.

Then, on my way home, as I left the babysitting gig I had, Belle and Sebastian met me at the door and led me to the El with Dear Catastrophe Waitress.

Entrances and exits seem so much more significant, no matter where they lead to or come from. Oh, this new technology. Oh, my ipod.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baz said...

i know yr new at this, so i'll be gentle...

it's iPod, not Ipod.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home