Friday, July 15, 2005

Little Hand Waving

There's a little fellow that I watch at the kid care of the gym where I work. We'll call him Sebastian (because that's his name). He's two years old and, although I am twenty-five, I have come to think of him as one of my friends, albeit a very small one that wears a diaper and sometimes runs in circles, giggling, until his little legs have become too disoriented to hold him up anymore. Our conversation probably doesn't make much sense to the outside ear, but it's the most amusing and cutest thing to see this little guy enthusiastically talking with his few-word vocabulary. He's always just happy that someone's listening.

On Monday, when Sebastian was leaving, he waved goodbye and walked into the elevator with his mother. But, before the doors closed, he quickly walked back out with an 'Oh, and I almost forgot' look on his face. He said simply, "Twuck". I said, "Truck?" And he said, "Yeah". I said, "Sounds good to me." And he nodded his head in a firm affirmation, turned around, and left.

It was the best piece of conversation I've had all week. There are so many words to know, but Sebastian knew how to wrap everything he needed to say into 'Twuck' and 'Yeah'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home