Monday, March 06, 2006

Clear!ance!

As some of you know, I've had an implanted defibrillator keeping me alive since 2000. It's not my favorite thing in the world to talk about, but part of my therapy in dealing with the problem is being more open about it. Truth be told, I'm more open about it now than I ever have been, but I feel like I'm at an impasse. I need a partner to help me take the next step.

Enter MedTees.com, the AICD patient's one-stop shop for tee shirts that scream out to everyone who reads other people's tee shirts, "Hey! I've got a life-threatening heart condition! Isn't that funny! Ha Ha Ha!", which, apparently, is a good thing.

There are dozens of designs, ranging from the delightfully irreverent ("Death. Been there. Done That. Got the T-Shirt"), to the confusing-to-everyone-who-has-a-less-than-expert-level-understanding-of-certain-rare-conditions ("Q T Cutie"), to the gross and completely untrue ("Men With Defibrillators Make Better Lovers").

After careful consideration, I've decided not to buy a tee-shirt. Instead, I'm going to design and sell my own. It will have a picture of Ellen Pompeo from Grey's Anatomy on it, and it will say "Grey's Anatomy". I think this will sell much better than any of those other ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home