Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We Are The Champions...Kill Crush Destroy!

I may not have graduated, but Carnegie-Mellon will always be "my" school. I spent two years there, and left for decidedly less-green pastures at Point Park. Still, I'm very proud of the work I did there, and still take a bit of pride in "my" school's accomplishments. Witness your 2006 Robot Soccer Champions, The Carnegie-Mellon Fighting Tartan Robot Soccer Players (or CMDragons '06, if you want to be particular). CMU outscored it's opponents 53-3 throughout the tournament, and this win is the school's third in the "small robot" division (including a win while I was undergradding in 1998).

On the RoboCup homepage, you'll see the stated objective of the RoboCup is to field a humanoid robot soccer team that can defeat the human World Cup champions by 2050. You know what that means- robot soccer riot in 2050. Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home