Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Nufjan!

Mellon Collie and the Infinate Sadness

That was the last album I bought the day of it's release...until today. Sufjan Stevens' The Avalanche came out today, and I actually plopped $14 down on it at the Skokie Village Best Buy. I figure it'll be good for Sufjan to have a strong showing at the big boxes.

Upon first listen, The Avalanche is just as dense and impressive as Illinoise, which means I'll be "discovering" songs from this album well into 2007. The three alternate versions of Chicago don't disapoint, but aren't quite as good as the original. In other words, he made the right call. And peep that Chevy Avalanche in the cover art! Anyway, I recommend it. Good listen.

Also purchased from Best Buy- Season One of House, MD, starting former British sketch standout, Hugh Laurie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home