Sunday, January 22, 2006

Steelers Go To Super Bowl!


I'm assuming that since this is a comedy blog, and is frequented only by the true sketch comedy geeks who could find it, that the result of the Steelers-Broncos AFC Championship Game would actually count as news to most of you. I sincerely doubt that ESPN.com is a stop on your way to the Animal Club blog, so consider this a service.

The Steelers eliminated the Broncos 34-17 to advance to the Super Bowl for the first time in 10 years. It looks as if they'll be taking on the Seattle Seahawks who are having their way with Carolina as we speak. I know of one Seattle-ite/Sketch Comic/Football Fan, and don't want to jinx anything by proclaiming the Seahawks winners just yet. Still, you know who you are, and if you'd like to do one of those "I'll wager a pound of our town's famous coffee against one of your towns...i don't know...steel rivets?" bets like mayors do, you know where to find me.

So here I find myself, three hours after the game ended, searching the internet madly for indepth coverage, commentary from the likes of Peter King or Doctor Z, something, anything to get more football into my brain.

And I have two full weeks of pregame hype to look forward to, as well.

GO STEELERS!

2 Comments:

Blogger John Boyle said...

You actually know two Seahawks fans.

And your Steelers are doomed!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Baz said...

ooh! the trash talk gauntlet has been tossed down!

but i kind of think you're right. the steelers don't play well as favorites.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home