Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Air Guitarists, Meet Your Harold Hill

At long last, those of you who never learned how to play guitar (and those of us who never learned how to play well enough to properly rock) can, no, WILL be rockstars. New Scientist reports that Finnish scientists have created a computerized system that recognizes air guitar moves, and translates them into actual guitar riffs.

I'm totally excited about this. So many sketch ideas pop into mind; Dueling Air Banjos, Air Guitar Orchestra, that's more or less it, but those are two solid ideas. Also, I've been trying to figure out the solo in john Pizzarelli's "I Wouldn't Trade You" for a very, very long time. I could totally see myself playing the rhythm part and singing, and then, when the solo came up, throw the guitar down, stand up and Air Guitar it. In short, there is nothing about this scientific achievement that is anything less than totally awesome.

thanks, slashdot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home